Thursday, June 26, 2008

Hotel Heaven







So after 12 hours on the road, 10.5 of them actually driving I have arrived to Champaign, IL. Listened to lots of music and stopped by Cracker Barrel and rented a book on CD to entertain myself. All went smoothly and now I'm relaxing in my hotel room. I am so greatful for this room, just what I needed after a day of driving. I've got my cable tv, my internet access, a nice comfy bed for me and Rocco, and a Jimmy John's #9. What more could I ask for!?

Here are a few pics from today's journey. Rocco relaxing...he's such a great roadie. All the welcome signs I saw...I tried to get the welcome sign for Illinois but accidentally missed it and caught the amazing sunset instead.

So tomorrow's plan is to get going by 8, so I'll be arriving to Creston, NE sometime in the evening. Can't wait to see everyone there. I think my aunt has internet, if she does I will blog...if not I'll have to wait until I get to Denver.

2 comments:

Adventures in GROUP Therapy said...

Rocco is just adorable. I hope you burned a CD for him, to repay him for his services.

Anonymous said...

i'm glad you're having a good roadtrip! rocco the conquistador looks pretty happy in the car. be careful and have lots of fun. we miss you already!! (: