Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Goodbye Columbia



Hey everyone,
As you all know I'm starting my journey to Phoenix tomorrow. My friend Esther suggested I start a blog...I think it will be a fun way for everyone to see what I'm up to if you're interested! I plan to keep it up even after I arrive. So I'm saying my good bye's to this sweet little city of Columbia today. I'm ready to go but there is a lot I will miss about her!

1. I will most of all miss my amazing friends, both old & new. Each one of you are so special to me, thank you for all your love & support. Don't worry...I'll be in touch!

2. Who knew I'd be saying this, but I'll miss that southern twang that I've heard every day of my life. No more "fixin' tos," "might coulds" or "ain't yalls" for my ears. I'll be the only one who doesn't need subtitles for "No Country for Old Men." But that's okay, I'm proud to say that I'm fluent in country speak. Can I put that as a 2nd language on my resume?

3. I'll miss good ol' USC. I was walking around campus today buying some Gamecock merch to take with me to AZ and freshman orientation was going on. It made me realize how far I've come, how different I used to be when I was their age, and how much I'll change still in the next 4 years. (well 5 since college took a bit longer than planned) I'm starting a new chapter and I'm thankful for this last one that I'm leaving behind. It definitely didn't go as I thought it would, but I sure learned a lot. (Who knew I would be so proud to walk around with shorts that say "cocks" on them. I'm sure I'll be getting some strange looks from the Phoenicians.) 

4. Blue Cactus. Yes I will miss my bee bim bop with beef & egg in all its very slow cooked glory. I'll miss the many good conversations I had with friends as I waited for that thing!

5. I'll miss the recent outings to El Burrito. Nothing better than a group of friends, a hunormous burrito (no matter how much your tummy punishes you for it later) and some bluegrass on a summer night. 

Well there is a lot more I'll miss, but I'll leave it at that. Check back for road trip updates!

Goodbye Columbia!

1 comment:

Adventures in GROUP Therapy said...

"Goodbye Columbia" seems like centuries ago, yet so recent. I look forward to reading more about your travels.