Monday, July 7, 2008

My new city





Made it to Phoenix!!! I keep saying that the drive was beautiful...well it was again. Went over the mountains to get here and it was amazing. I've heard a lot of people say the desert doesn't make for good scenery. There may not be as much green but the mountains and the sunset make up for it in my opinion. 

I met my roomies, both very nice girls & am looking forward to getting to know them better. (The pup is my roomie's dog Famous) Visited with my aunt & uncle today in Mesa. My uncle Larry looks a lot like my dad, and for some reason instead of the resemblance making me feel closer to home I felt further away. It made me a little homesick. I'm sad I won't be able to see my parents so often anymore. It will take some getting used to. Thank God for cell phones, internet, & airplanes.

So I'm calling Phoenix my new home. I'm thrilled to be here and ready to become familiar with the city. I feel like I'm in the right place so far.


No comments: